ULI NEXT is a distinct membership group, where mid-career leaders between the age of 35-45 years can engage in discussions and activities around topics that impact their communities, help them develop professionally, and support a deeper understanding of the community in which they live in.
NEXT provides ULI members the platform to lead impactful and actionable projects related to the built environment and benefits the wider community that builds upon previous leadership and participation opportunities offered through the Young Leaders Group (YLG), and also differentiates in ways that are beneficial to this distinct group of members looking to continue overall engagement and contribution to ULI.
About NEXT Hong Kong
To support ULI’s Global Mission Priority of Educating the Next Generation of Diverse Real Estate Leaders, NEXT Hong Kong aims to undertake impactful and actionable projects that empower community groups (including students and young talent); creating opportunities for the next generation of leaders to connect and collaborate in projects that give back to the community and the real estate industry.
Many members of NEXT Hong Kong are also members of the ULI Programme Committee and former YLG committee members, which offers mutually beneficial opportunities for collaboration.
Programs under consideration include:
- Partnering with universities and industry groups to organize actionable projects on specific topics related to ULI’s Mission Priorities
- Decarbonizing the real estate sector and accelerating our progress to net zero
- Increasing housing attainability in communicates around the world
- Educating the next generation of diverse real estate leaders
- Collaborating with students and industry players to develop research projects and create solutions to solve some of Hong Kong’s most pressing issues within the scope of real estate and priority topics
- Providing students with internship/mentorship opportunities as well as career advice
- Partnering with UrbanPlan to extend the reach and effectiveness of the program in local high schools
- Collaborating with art students and community artists to formulate projects to reactivate unused or underutilized space in Hong Kong
NEXT Hong Kong engages and supports members aged 35-45 into all of ULI’s activities. Same as other affinity groups, NEXT events are open to all and by invitation only, depending on the program purpose and needs. Please stay tuned for more information and contact [email protected] if you have any enquiries.