Regional Chief Executive, Asia Pacific of Richemont
YLG Mentorship Programme
Join us, and become the next leader!
Our mentorship program targets young professionals who work in every sector and all aspects of the real estate industry in Hong Kong. With the generosity and support of esteemed industry leaders of diversified profiles as our great mentors, we are now inviting applications from young leaders who aims to grow and give back professionally and for our broader society at large to join as mentees. We are here to create a platform to nurture development of future leaders, to provide channels to cultivate meaningful industry relationships and inspiring collaborations, and to engage yourself to think big and think ahead to shape tomorrow’s horizon in building better communities.
Benefits to You
At any stage of your career, it is always good to have tangible ideals as guideposts for us to learn, improve, progress and flourish.
Our team at YLG is thrilled to be working with the most influential industry leaders to create a platform to connect and cultivate empowering relationships. A true mentorship relationship will provide you with encouragement and particularly honest and authentic feedback.
Find a mentor that will help you become GREAT.
- Flexibility – meeting format and frequency are based on mutually agreeable schedule continual support and engagement
- Opportunity to connect with reputable leaders individually to exchange experiences and ideas
- Improve communication skills and ability to articulate desired outcome within the time frame of the programme
- Enable constructive discussion on personal and professional challenges
- One-on-one mentorship programme: Pairing will be largely based on individual preferences, professional background and experience and time commitment.
- Quarterly Meeting: Mentee should initiate the meeting with mentors proactively. Meeting frequency will be flexible depending on a mutually agreeable schedule, meeting quarterly would be the ideal minimum. Location and topics may vary depending on each pair’s interests, e.g.
- Informal discussion: share a meal or meet for coffee
- Next steps in your career
- Personal and professional development: 5- & 10-year plans, life mapping or etc.
- Project case studies
- Social events
- Site tours
- Attending ULI program together
- Share thought provoking news stories
- ULI YLG organized Events:
- Launch Network Drink for all the mentors and mentees (3rd November 2022)
- Theme talk from selected mentors (mid-2023)
- YLG Monthly Mixer Networking Event (Last Thursday of every Month)
- Various lunch / study tour / site study / networking events
Mentee Application Requirement
- Applicants must be ULI members under 35 (i.e. a YLG member) with at least 1 year of working experience.
- Mentees will be responsible to take initiatives to schedule regular meetings whenever possible, suggested timeline is meeting once every quarter at a minimum.
- Commitment to nurture a meaningful mentorship relationship. Based on past experience, the participants who get most out of the Programme are those who whole-heartedly commit to, and invest time and energy in, the Programme and their mentoring relationship.
- Open minded to feedback and proactive in sharing and learning.
- The Launch Networking event is for mentors and mentee to connect other participants in the programme. Mentees are recommended to introduce themselves to mentors and arrange initial meetings before the networking event.
- Application fee to join the programme is HK$400. Discount Fee of $200 for applicants joining ULI membership as new Associate Members. Collected fees will mainly be used for costs of the launching event.
- Zoom interview will be arranged upon receive of your applications by the programme committee.
Application Deadline: 3 October 2022 (Monday)
Mentee acceptance and application fee payment: Week of 24 October 2022 (Monday)
Mentor-Mentee match-up: Week of 31 October 2022
Networking Launch event: 3 November 2022
Applications for 2022 programme are closed.
Meet Our Mentors
Managing Principal, Head of Capital Markets
Managing Director and Chief Investment Officer, AEW Asia
Colin Bennett, CFA
Founder & Managing Director, Kaplink Limited Hong Kong
Asia Pacific Debt Investments and Head of Greater China Real Estate, Nuveen
Managing Director, reLifestyling Consulting (Shanghai) Ltd
Managing Director, Nuveen TIAA (Hong Kong)
Director, Hong Kong Capital Markets (Investment), JLL
Managing Director & Head of China Investments, Phoenix Property Investo
For enquiry, contact [email protected]